May 10, 2009

Germany - Day 8

Date: Sunday May 10th, 2009 (Mother's Day)

Weather: Sunny and warm, another beautiful day.
Woke up: 8:00am
Bedtime: 23:00

Breakfast: Toast w/ peanut butter, and water.
Lunch: Butter cookies, an apple, and water.
Snack: Choc Choc Chip ice cream.
Dinner: Alfredo w/ bow-tie pasta, water, and butter cookies.

I was woken up by the sound of a glass breaking at 8:00am. At first I thought it was a dream, but then I heard the pieces being shuffeled around the floor and I knew it was one of the cats. I got up, looked in the kitchen, then finally found it out in the living room beside the 'coffee table'. I will admit I was relieved to see that it was not a glass that I has used, as I have been very carefule not to leave things where Molly can get at them (and break them). I found a dusts pan and little broom and got what I could. I think I woke Melanie up with my shuffling around, and she was soon out asking what had happened. We grabbed the vaccum and cleaned up the remaining shards of glass! Interesting start to the day, but it did get me up early enough that I can really enjoy the day. Only thing is that everything is closed on Sunday's, so no shopping today.

Imporant note: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM! Sorry I can't be there to give you a hug. *hug*

Melanie and I spend until around noon cleaning. She, of course, did not ask me to help, but I offered because I figured that it would go faster if two people were doing it. Plus, I am living here for two weeks, and I can see some of the hair I have shed on the floor, hahaha. It was amazing when I vacumed the couch because it completely changed colours once all the cat hair was off. That is the downfall of having a while cat, and dark furniture/clothing, you see every littie hair on it. I also did the floor, and the pads on her dining room table chairs, and the place looks spotless. Go team go!!!

I decided that today I would venture out with my camera and do a bit of Photography. I tried, I really did, but I know now more than ever that I am a portrait photographer. Buildings just do not caputre my interest, or spark my creativity, the way people do. What I ended up with was a lot of 'touristy' pictures, which I guess are expected since I am a tourist here. In the end I am glad that I took the photos, considering my family wanted me to take as many as possible so they could feel like they came with me.

The evening was spent watching House online. I haven't seen it in a really lone time, and it was nice to catch up on all the drama in the show. I made Alfredo for dinner, which was delicious of course, and I think Melanie enjoyed it too. I will probably make it again during the week, and next weekend when Philippe is here so he can try it.

Nothing else to report I'm afraid, it was a rather uneventful day.
Goodnight, and ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment