May 14, 2009

Germany - Day 12


Date: Thursday May 14th, 2009

Weather: Cloudy and rainy.
Woke up: 11:30
Bedtime: 1:30

Breakfast: Scrambeled eggs & toast w/ peanut butter.
Lunch: Water.
Dinner: Spagetti w/ water, and of course some butter cookies.
Desert: M&Ms

I woke up a few times in the night to go to the bathroom, but other than that I had a pretty good sleep. Melanie came in the room, not sure what time, to get an umbrella, but I was back to sleep right away. It seems that time passes me by when I am here, it feels like I shut my eyes for two seconds and I wake up over an hour later. The cats started play fighting and running around at 11:30, at which point I could no longer get back to sleep...so I got up.

I decided to throw my hai up with some bobby pins today, instead of going through the whole hassle of wash/dry/straighten...and it was nice. I left the house just after 12 for yet another walk downtown. I eally had no plans, I just did not want to spend the day inside, and figured another walk would do me some good. I wandered aound downtown from about 12:30 to 17:30, at which time I decided to get home and make dinner.

The highlight of my day was a movie, but a movie that I have been waiting to see for a long time. Angels and Demons! I have been looking forwad to it since I first saw it was in poduction after watching the DVD version of The DaVinci Code. It is not yet released in Canada and the US, so I can safely say that I am the FIRST person I know to see it, other than Melanie of course...who was with me. I am extremely bias, so it might not mean a lot when I say that I loved it. It wasn't too long, or too short, it moved at a good pace, the casting was very well done, and the acting was believeable. I actually don't have any complaints! Of course some of the elements were different from the book, but that's to be expected...as it is a movie. Overall I give it a sold A- (but only because A or A+ would probably stir some anger among 'critics'). I will be buying this movie as soon as it is released on DVD, that's for sure.

Nothing much was accomplished after we returned home from the movie, just pretty much getting ready for bed, then going to bed. I managed to finish off my bag of M&Ms, which is never good for the waist line...but whatever...I walk around town several hours a day, so I am sure it doesn't matter much.

Goodnight, and ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment