May 06, 2009

Germany - Day 4

Date: Wednesday, May 6th, 2009

Weather: Cloudy, cold and possibly rainy....again.
Woke up: Exactly noon.
Bedtime: After midnight.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, toast w/ peanut butter, and orange juice.
Lunch: Butter cookies and milk.
Dinner: Bagel w/ peanut butter, and water.

When I was playing Sing Star and Louis curled up right behind me and went to sleep. He was laying so his back was right up against my leg, and he even nuzzled me a bit in the process. I think I have made at least one new friend. Maybe Molly will come around at some point, I am hopeful. I am also wondering whether Molly or Louis know how to turn on the light in the bathroom, it seems that every time I walk by the light is on...and I know it wasn't me. I also think I might have somehow become alergic to cats! My pajamas, as well as the clothes I wear around the house are covered in cat hair, and I am constantly ichy...I wake up at night and my arms, even my face, is itchy. I closed the door to my room so the cats can no longer sleep in my bed during the day, hopefully that will help. I made the mistake of leaving the door open today and went in to find all of my makeup all over the floor. My bronzer power was broken, and lying on the floor...but I was able to salvage it. I learned my lesson, and neither cat will be in my room again (if I can help it).

The ballet was amazing, but I understand the price of my ticket. Although I was in a balcony I was positioned so I could really on see half of the stage. Believe it or not it really seemed as though the majority of the dancing was done on the side I couldn't I was stretching as far as I could craning my neck to catch a glimps of the othe side. If I went again I would splurge on a more expencive ticket on the ground floor in front of the stage so at least I could see the entire thing. Watching it made me miss both ballet and music. Although I never got to point, it is something I always wanted to do, but it's far too late now. Being there also made me really miss playing clarinet, and playing in Youth Orchestra. The first clarinet player had some amaying solos throughout the performance!!

On the way back I got on the wrong cable car, and ended up in a part of town I don't know. The good thing is that you can just hop on one going the other direction and you are right back whee you started. But stupid me, I got on the wrong one again...and when I got off I thought I would use the undergound walkways to get the right platform. So, I did...went up to street level it was a street I didn't recognise. I just started walking in what I thought was the right direction, but it was a road with lots of groups of men and they started yelling at me. Obviously I couldn't understand what they were saying, so I go scared and very uncomfotable. A couple guys even followed me for a block or two...still talking, but I had my iPod on and just pretended not to notice. I finally found my way back to the platfrom, but I was scared, cold and my feet hurt. I decided to call Melanie. and she told me the right number to get on. In the dark I really couldn't see where I I ended up getting odd one stop early. Getting off early is no big deal, unless your feet are swore, and blisters are forming. It was a rough couple blocks to walk (in heals) but I eventually got home.

It was a long night, one I hope not to repeat again on my trip.
I am tired, and my feet hut, so I am going to bed now.
Goodnight, and ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment