May 12, 2009

Germany - Day 10


Date: Tuesday May 12th, 2009

Weather: Cloudy, cold and foggy.
Woke up: 10:20
Bedtime: 00:45

Breakfast: French toast w/ water.
Lunch: Water, butter cookies, & salami.
Dinner: Bagel w/ peanur butter.
Drinks: Three Cosmopolitans.

The kittens made a mess of the couch between the time that Melanie left, and I got up. I went into the living room and saw that all the coushins on the couch were knocked off. Even the big ones where on the floor...with cat hair all over them. In all honesty I have never met cats that do so much damage and are so hyper. There is never a moment during the day they aren't running around, knocking things over, or whining for more food. As much as I love them, I don't know if I could handle it all the time. Fritz was such a low-key, gentil, friendly cat, instead of running around knocking things over he enjoyed curling up on your lap for a bit of attention. That is the only type of cat I can handle, not these hyper-active little devils. Louis is pretty good, but Molly is insane...she must have a secret stash of cat nip somewhere that Melanie does not know about. Hahaha.

This morning was off to a slow start. After waking up I decided to clean up my room a bit and compact some of the bags and boxes from shopping. It made the room look a lot cleaner, and made me feel like I accomplished something. I am trying to figure out if my suitcase is going to be to heavy, but I think I will be okay. I tied to organize my clothes a bit too, and pack away the gifts that I bought. Since it was cold out today, and I woke up with a bit of a headache, I decided that I did not want to go outside, and threw on my favourite movie...Fight Club!

Melanie came online around 16:00 and asked if I would like to meet her downtown for a drink after work. I was thrilled, as I had not yet had even one drink on the trip. She reserved a table in the lounge of a vey hip hotel bar. The lighting was cool, the decor was cool, and there were lots of people enjoying many different kinds of drinks. After several minutes of tying to decide, I went for a drink I have never had, but have always wanted to try. A cosmopolitan. As a true Sex and the City fan, I felt very chique drinking my drink. In fact, I ended up having three of them and getting pretty drunk. Melanie odered a long island iced tea, and after a tiny sip I decided that the alcohol content of hers must have trippled mine...it was way to strong for me. After sitting and chatting for a while, and me being three drinks in, we decided it was time to go home. I was pretty drunk, but could walk fine. I made myself a bagel while talking to Blake on the phone for a bit, then decided it would be best to go to bed. And so I did.

It was a very enjoyable evening.
Goodnight, and ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment