July 21, 2010

Update!!

Time passes so quickly that it's hard to keep up with journal and blog entries. Between finishing my second year of college, job hunting, working, and trying to have fun I don't seem to have enough time to do everything I want to do.

I'm currently working at Stages as a Bartender on weekends, having a blast doing it. But I would like to find sometime for during the day...so I have a few more hours and a looser budget. So far I have handed out lots of resumes, and followed up on almost all of them. Either they filled the position and didn't want to tell me, or are actually still going through other resumes and will get back to me at some point. Let's just hope that at least one of them give me a call back...once I get an interview I usually get the job. *crossing fingers for an interview*

I will be returning to St. Lawrence College in the fall for the third optional year of the Advertising program, I hope it's worth it. I was offered a full-time job over the summer but decided that sales really isn't for me, as I want to pursue something in Copywriting, or Marketing...so I don't have to let go of the creative side. The key to this will be finding the right job placement during the third year, it is 6 weeks long and if I can prove myself I feel that my first job could potentially come out of the placement.

That is really the only update I have for now.
Summer has been job hunting with a bit of fun on the side. So far I have been to Calypso the new water park, and did an overnight camping trip for my friend's Birthday. Nothing else 'out of town'...but paintballing and movie going are favourites of mine for in-town activities.

Ta ta for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment